Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Happy Medium

Waratah was not happy with an overly structured curriculum approach. After four weeks he felt stifled, controlled and rebellious.

However, I am not happy with the opposite. I believe an unschooling approach would suit Waratah's learning style, but it is very unsatisfying for me. I also think Waratah prefers more routine, so long as he gets more say in what we do.

Waratah has always liked making lists of what we will do in a day, and so I am going to try this approach:
[Daily Calendar Cards]

I have created my own Daily Choice cards based on our subject areas and the activities / resources I want us to use.

Waratah chooses 5-6 cards each morning, we order them in a way which works for that day and the activities I have in mind, and take it from there! So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment